Sunday, February 06, 2011

Cam & Liam

What a fun, special time it is having a new baby in the house. The boys are so funny together. I can't help but reflect on the first weeks I spent with Camden and think about how my boys are so similar in some ways but so different in others. One thing is for sure: They are definitely brothers!

Camden, Liam and "Hearts," Liam's first stuffed animal, which Daddy and Cam picked out for him in the hospital gift shop.
It's a funny little thing, but both of them love to have their hair washed! So relaxed.

Camden
Liam
Trent and I were surprised at how much more pink Liam was when he was born. We still have a hunch that they miscalculated Liam's due date (Feb. 9), and that we were closer (Jan. 21), which means he was at least a couple weeks older than Cam when he was born. Not sure if that's what made the difference.

Camden
Liam
Both boys love their Soothie, especially for the first couple weeks. It always makes me laugh how big the pacifier looks in comparison to the little newborn face. 

Camden
Liam
And then there's me. I'm different for sure. 2 frank breech boys and 2 c-sections four years apart, with a major abdominal surgery in the mean time. I have to say, though, the surgery and taking care of a newborn have both felt much easier this time around. (It's the firstborn who's giving me a run for my money this time!) I'm not sure if that's because I've known kind of what to expect, because I've come so far as a mother in the past four years, or because Liam is such an easy baby! Maybe a combination of the three. 

 
Camden
Liam

I love my boys. They are so ... much work, but they warm my heart.
Cute brothers!

2 comments:

Gwen said...

you guys are a beautiful family! The boys chose wisely!

Marie Harrison said...

I Love You All so....much!