Friday, October 02, 2009

My Friend is Gone

Sweet Julie

I am grieving today for the loss of a friend. It is hard for me to understand right now how someone so young, so spirited, and so full of potential could be taken at such an early age. We grew up in the same neighborhood, on the same street, and in the same high school. We became close friends in college, had some fun at the University of Central Florida and in the College Park Ward. Mostly, we made trouble working together at the UCF Student Union. We parted ways when I transferred back to BYU, and she went off to earn her degree and teach elementary school. She had so much to give. And I'm just grateful to have had the time with her that I did. If you ever met her, you'd remember. She spread sunshine and smiles wherever she went.

I know it's late notice, but if anyone out there knows her and is still in the Orlando area, I hope you'll attend the services tomorrow. Heaven knows if I were close enough, that I would be there in a heartbeat. I've included the Memorial Service information below.

Sending peace, love, and prayers to the Ellis family from Colorado...

Three beautiful sisters: Liz and twins Jana and Julie


Memorial Service for Julie A. Ellis

Host: The Ellis Family
Date: Saturday, October 3, 2009
Time: 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Location: Baldwin Fairchild Funeral Home – Goldenrod Chapel
Street: 7520 Aloma Avenue, Orlando, FL
Phone: 4074219368
Email: liz_ellis151@hotmail.com

Memorial services for Ms. Julie A. Ellis, age 32 of Valrico FL, will be held Saturday October 3, 2009 at 2pm in Orlando FL. Julie was a beloved daughter, sister, friend, an inspiring teacher and an artist, who touched the lives of everyone she encountered. Her passion, sense of humor, personality and soul came through in everything she did, inspiring others while making the world around her a better place. She is survived by her parents E. Taylor and Nancy Ellis; her sisters Jana and Elizabeth Ellis. Services will be held at the Baldwin Fairchild Funeral Home – Goldenrod Chapel, 7520 Aloma Avenue Winter Park, FL 32792. A reception with the family will follow the funeral services.

In lieu of flowers the family asks that you please make a donation in the name of Julie A. Ellis to either the ASPCA (http://www.aspca.org/about-us/faq/honor-memorial-donations.html with the email liz_ellis151@hotmail.com) or Lopez Elementary (Lopez Elementary School 200 North Kingsway road Seffner, fl 33584).

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Melody - I'm sorry. This is a hard time...I'm glad you had such a wonderful friend. Know you're not alone and give yourself a big hug.

candace said...

I am so sorry that you lost a friend. What happened? HUGS.