Thursday, March 24, 2011

Signs of the Times

I love the New Testament. I love to study about life of the Christ. It lifts me.

This morning I was reading in Matthew 24 about the Second Coming of the Savior and it really stirred my heart. We truly are living in the last days. As I read about "earthquakes in divers places" I thought of those suffering in Japan after the recent earthquake and tsunami. So many of the signs the Lord told his apostles about have already happened and and are taking place around us every day. It is a scary time. But then Christ's words spoke to me: "see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass."

As I look at my little sons I am in awe of their strong spirits. They are such special boys. I know they are Saturday's warriors sent to stand for truth and light at a time of such chaos. I am striving to raise them in the way I think the Lord would want me to, and I pray that as they go out into the world, they will be strong and make a positive impact on those around them. I think they will.

4 comments:

Kristy Lou said...

Beautiful post! (And now I want to go watch Saturday's Warrior. lol)

cindave said...

I love this Melody. Thanks.

Becky said...

Thanks for sharing this, Melody!

My mind, too, goes to the Biblical end times when I hear about the recent earthquakes and tsunamis. Sometimes I kind of freak out about my kids, like, what was I thinking, bringing them into this uncertain world for what could possibly be a very hard life ahead?

I like how you think of your children as warriors to stand for truth and light in a time of chaos. That's a much better way of thinking about our children's futures.

Marie Harrison said...

Amen, Honey!