The first was early in the morning. I admit that I am most definitely NOT a morning person. Trent and I still wonder how we two got together and produced -- yes -- a morning person, a little one. Nevertheless, at 7 a.m., that little morning person was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. I got up, grumpy and grumbling to myself. In fact, I had resigned simply to go downstairs, turn on a Disney movie for him and go crawl back into bed. However, on my way back up the stairs, a little voice stopped me in my tracks: "But, Mommy, I didn't even snuggle with you yet." How could I resist those wide eyes and foot-long lashes? Needless to say, Daddy came downstairs about an hour later to find the two of us snuggled under a blanket, watching the movie together.
Another precious moment was watching my little man up there, slouched on the stand at church, rosy-cheeked and chin resting on his folded arms. I will always remember that image, for the rest of my life. The primary children sang, "Mother, I Love You" and "Mother Dear, I Love You So." We practiced together all week (mostly while riding in the car), and he did remarkably well, especially for a 3-year-old. I'm so thankful for my little boy. I waited so long for him, and he was undoubtedly worth the wait.
The third was simple, but probably touched my heart the deepest. Out of the blue, he looked up at me and said, "I'm so glad you're my momma." Oh, that little person ...
Mother's Day was for me this year. And he's the reason.
4 comments:
Aww. That brought a tear to my eye. What a sweetie. Our little ones are such blessings!
I'm almost tearing up! Too sweet. :)
What a sweet post and picture! He sure is a cutie! I too remember that first primary singing day. There is nothing like it! Enjoy and Happy Mother's Day!
And I'll always remember him singing in church for the first time, too. It was a special day with his mommy, grandma and great grandma there. Only wish his Granmy and Mima could have been there and it would have been perfect!
Post a Comment