We worked really hard on the drip irrigation system and placed special black fabric that prevents weeds from growing between the rows (great stuff!). The walls of water around the tomatoes and peppers act like little greenhouses until the plants are bigger. Although Trent had, I had never seen those before, but they're really cool. Altogether, it's a pretty sweet setup.
This year Camden was a lot more "helpful."
He traipsed around, walking on the seeds, scooping up stuff with his bucket and shovel, eating dirt, and singing to himself all the while. He is quite a character.
As you can see, I set up a little play area for him, but he really wanted to be with us instead.
Last year at planting time Cam was just learning to sit up, so it was a little bit of a different arrangement!
Check out my little strawberry patch! It will be fun to watch them develop over the years. I was really psyched to find out strawberries are perennials! I've already had a handful of berries this year, and they were soooo sweet. Mmm... Here's to lots of fresh strawberry shortcake in years to come!
Camden exploring the wood pile. He was pretty excited about the wagon, too.
Trent watering some of our raspberry bushes. Isn't the lilac pretty? I love springtime.This year we'll have potatoes, cucumbers, corn, peas, green beans, carrots, spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, watermelon, cantaloupe, peppers, squash, pumpkins and lots of berries. Yummm... And thank heaven for our vacuum sealer and chest freezer!
6 comments:
hooray for gardens! we had a salad from our garden this week: delicious. i can't wait for further fruits:)
reading all your plantings made me hungry...guess it's time for breakfast!:)
speaking of just learning to sit up, samuel's almost there. such an exciting time. i miss you. so much.
Gotta kind of miss the days when they just sat where you put them, huh? Holden has stomped half of the lettuce that Chloe and I planted. Half of it survived though! :)
p.s. The cell phone picture is funny! That is totally something Holden would do. He loves my cell phone and calls it the "Bye." (That's what he loves to say when he talks on it.)
p.p.s. I miss you on Facebook!
Melody! I just found you through my sister Lisa who found you through Margaret Mair! How are you? Your family is so beautiful, and your little boy is adorable!
Love, Cindy Price (Liljenquist)
p.s. you can check me out at lilypstudio.typepad.com
You are the gardening goddess! One day we will be like you (I hope!) :)
Your garden looks great, I know the respberries were so yummy so I am sure the rest of the friuts an dveggies will be great.
Post a Comment