Dear Pipo,
We will miss you, but we know that we will see you again someday because we are an eternal family. What will we remember most about our time with you? Being in the D.C. Temple together. What a beautiful day! What a blessing that we are all sealed together! Trips to the beach, crackers and margarine, Krispy Cream doughnuts, pasteles, Nestum, hanging out at the Cuban Market and all the beautiful feasts you used to prepare, always sneaking food and breaking your diabetic diet (how many cinnamon rolls did you have that Christmas?), cantaloupes ripening in every corner of the house and always a refrigerator packed to capacity, the trip home from the temple on our wedding day in your Jeep, and how Happy dog constantly followed you around the house knowing he was going to get something really good to eat, your love and dedicated visits to Mama Juana, Miami Seaquarium, driving in Miami traffic in your big car, and how you constantly wanted to know the best CD rates at the banks. Over the years, your example of hard work and industry has blessed our family in ways few can imagine. Thank you for bringing our family to the United States and for working so hard to make a life for us here. We love you. You will always be in our hearts. We will be together again soon.
Love,
Melody, Trent and Camden
This picture is from the last time I saw him and spent time with him, at my parents' house last July -- over the Fourth of July weekend '09, actually. So fun. So irreplaceable. I can't even begin to explain how grateful I am that I traveled in spite of my fresh car accident injuries. I can't even begin to explain ... I'm not sure if anyone besides Trent knows this, but on the day they left (verrrrry early in the morning: 4 a.m. I think), I felt compelled to sneak out of bed and see them one last time, even though they had insisted that all the family good-byes had been said the night before. I hugged them, kissed them, and looked them in the eye. Little did I know, it was the last squeeze. The last kiss. I miss him. Mima is in Virginia with my family now. And I have hungered so many millions of times in the past few weeks to wrap my arms around her petite frame and let her know how much I love her. My precious little abuelita. Soon. I will see her soon. And Pipo too. This life is but a moment.



No comments:
Post a Comment