Saturday, July 04, 2009

Fourth of July

Okay, okay, so I totally have an excuse for being so late on this post. I was collecting pictures from everyone so that I could put up ALL my favorites at the same time. Mostly, I swiped a ton of these (actually all of these) from kt-pants. (Thanks, hunny!) I was too lazy to go get my camera during the festivities, and she humored me and kept taking pictures of things I told her to take pics of. hehe

Can I just take a minute to say how grown-up Cam looks in this picture?! And leave it to us to dress him in an Italian soccer shirt (from Granmy & Poppa's latest trip!) on the Fourth of July. Oh well, at least he's technically wearing red, white, and blue... and green. :)

The boys firing up the grill for the burgers and dogs!

Jared and Katie. I love them. They are so great together.

Okay, so basically my little brother is a crazy wild man when it comes to fire and/or explosives, which means playing with fireworks is one of his most favorite things in the whole world. It was almost more entertaining watching him set them off. Here we can see the beginnings of a 2-minute-long smoke bomb, which was Trent's idea. I really really want to steal the video of the boys' smoke dance (with bathroom towels)!!!

Teaching Camden about fire flies. He thought they were soooo coool.

Oooooh, aaaaah.

Joseph -- in heaven. He is such a nut!

Making some fireworks of our own. Har-har.

A semi-patriotic firework intermission dance by us girls.

The boys had a little too much fun with the glow-in-the dark jewelry. If you look closely, you can see Trent wearing blue earrings in the background. (He was "saving" them for Becka until she got home from work.) Later on, Jared came over and pretended to sneeze and had the yellow ones hanging out of his nose!

Nora, Katie, and me.

I think it's safe to say that Nora was runner-up for most excited pyro (after Joseph, of course).

This was most definitely the most fun I've had on the Fourth in many many many moons!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I will see if I can send you the video! :)

It was fun...Joseph is insane. As is Nora & your husband, followed closely by your dad. They all like fire a little too much.

Kristy Lou said...

That looked like so much fun!!! Your little man is so cute and he has the best eyes!! I loved all the family pics and Nora's eyes in the one where she has the lit match... yeah, she's way too excited! Classic!! You made me want to have been part of the party!