Monday, November 17, 2008

Camden is 2!

Around these parts, we like to celebrate Harrison-style, which means at least for an entire weekend, if not for a whole week.

On Friday night, Trent and I decided to take the baby out for a special birthday dinner, just the 3 of us. When Trent go home, he asked Cam where he wanted to go, and Camden said, "I wanna go to Pasquini's and eat noodles." No joke. So that's what we did. He had a blast, and ate about 1/2 an adult-sized portion of spaghetti, plus breadsticks. Trent managed to capture some of the action on his cell phone.

Next, I have to say I'm a little proud of my masterpiece...

I made Camden a "Thomas the Train" cake. It took me 4 hours to ice it! Trent helped me out by painting on the face (I trusted the real artist with that one), and he also did the "Annie" car.

Camden went bananas when he saw it all finished. He said, "Dat's my Thomas the Train cake! Oh! I like my birthday cake. I'm gonna sit in my chair and eat it now." (For all you Thomas fans out there who might notice, yes, I do know that Thomas' number is 1, but I took a little artistic license since it was for Cam's second birthday.)

Here are some shots from Camden's Sunday celebration:

The whole crew at dinner.

The little whipper-snapper blew out both his candles on the first breath! We were amazed!

Scarfing cake and two types of home-made ice cream, lemon custard and pink bubble gum (made by Daddy with love). What more could a toddler ask for?

Time for presents. The little guy had quite a stash!

Enjoying some quality time with Great-Grandma Tronette.

Camden loves his uncle, "Bee-bo." (That's what Trent used to call his brother when he was little, and Trevor taught Camden to call him that, too!)



Thank you for the presents, Grandma!

Cool! Thanks Jared & Katie!

Playing with some of his presents on the train table Daddy painted for him.

All the boys had to get in on the action.

This morning, we had a little get-together with some of Camden's friends.

We only ate "Annie" on Sunday, which means Thomas was left intact. He was a big hit with the little boys.

We took advantage of the nice weather and ate outside on the lawn. (It's supposed to get up into the 70s this week! Yay!)

And of course the little boys had to go play in the dirt. Camden led the way. Little stinker.

Happy Birthday, Camden! We love you! ~Mommy & Daddy

11 comments:

Gwen said...

Happy Birthday Camden! You picked a great family!

pjtemple said...

That cake is quite impressive!!

Sylvia said...

Awesome cake, Melody!!! Way to go! Happy Birthday Camden!!

Moghimi Family said...

Happy Birthday sweet Camden! We can hardly wait to meet you in person some day. :)

Karin said...

Looks like you had a perfect 2nd birthday!!! Hope you and your beautiful family are well!! :) Your cake was a masterpiece, and Camden looks like such a sweetie!

Nora said...

wow, melody. that cake...well, takes the cake. HAHAHAHA. seriously, it's a work of art. and trent can paint a train table? how lovely. it looks like you all had a lovely time together.

Becky said...

Happy birthday Camden!!
What a great cake, Melody!

ashtrost said...

Now I want to eat some cake!! We got Carter the train set for his
2nd b-day and he would spend hours a day playing with it. Happy Birthday Camden!!

Katie said...

Dude. I'm totally in awe of the cake. Way to go!

Happy bday, Cam! :)

Love & miss you guys. Live up the hot weather while it lasts!

Kristalyn said...

Time is going by so fast! I loved seeing how excited cute Camden was in these pictures. Great job on the cake! That is dedication!

Keriann said...

Wow, what an amazing cake. Great job. You look good. Keriann