
So, in case anyone ever needs to do this, here's how (all these pics were taken after the fact, but work with me here; use your imagination):
Step #1: Attach a length of rope to your handy-dandy winch. (Doesn't everyone have one of those? Great for four-wheeling, camping, pulling out tree stumps, and other miscellaneous household chores. )

Step #2: Extend the rope over the top of the roof and tie it to the swamp cooler.

Step #3: Place the swamp cooler on a "ramp" created from a ladder and bath towels.

Step #4: Call your wife on her cell phone. Use the cell phones as walkie-talkies while she operates the winch in front of the house and you guide the swamp cooler up the ramp on the other side.

Tada! Swamp cooler on the roof.
"Well, it's up here!"I love my husband. As he put it, "Work smarter, not harder."
Of course, our little man wandered around keeping himself busy while we worked and saying "help Daddy, help Daddy."
He was so good, Daddy even let him have a little ride on the "beep-beep" (scooter). Well, not really, but he did like sitting on it.
2 comments:
Hello Melodie,
I don't mind if you link to us at all! I think it is so fun being able to keep in touch with each other. It's silly, but I think it helps me remember where I've been in life. I miss a lot of people and can't keep in touch, but just checking in on the blogs now and then is wonderful! You have a beautiful family. I'll have to tell Sean about the swamp cooler/ winch project. He'll be able to appreciate that! He might even want one...you just added one more use to the list!
Hope you guys are well and happy.
Have a great day, Lisa Rieman
wow, mels-bells (sorry for the silly nickname, it's late and i'm giggly). I LOVE that pic of camden on the scooter. hilarious and cute. i love you and miss you! we'll talk soon:)
PS: watching ever after, and da vince just said "yes, i shall go down in history as the man who opened a door..." HA so funny!
Post a Comment