Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Camden's Art Show

Redeemer Episcopal Day School (R.E.D.S.) is where Cam attends preschool 4 mornings a week.
Holy craziness, Batman!



"Hmmm ... not sure about the lines and use of color on this one ...."
Cutest art critic I've ever seen.

Mrs. Walker's & Mrs. Panella's Pre-K class (10 students). Their milk crate-cubbies sit under these signs each morning for their school bags & jackets.



If he looks less-than-ecstatic in the pictures, that's because he was. When we got in the truck afterward, he said (in his classic Camden manner), "That wasn't what I expected. Was that what you expected?" Apparently he thought that "art show" meant he would get to stand onstage in the spotlight and explain each individual piece of his art to the crowd. What a ham! He cracks me up. We had to explain that "even grown-up professional artists" have art shows in this manner -- where people walk around and look at their artwork, mingle, eat hors d'oeuvres ... okay maybe without crazy toddlers running around and parents chasing after them warning them not to rip things off the walls! *sigh*  

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Camden, I LOVE your art work. You have used so many wonderful colors! Keep up the good work. I love you sooo much!

cindave said...

That is so cute, and you look gorgeous!