Sunday, December 25, 2011

Good Morning, Christmas!

It was fun having Christmas on a Sunday this year! Busy day! 
First, church. 



I liked going to church on Christmas morning! I think it's something we really miss out on in the LDS culture. We even managed to get a half-decent family Christmas shot in the lobby afterward, which, obviously, if taken on Christmas morning, didn't make it into any Christmas cards -- which I was too lazy to send this year anyway. (Please see my previous post on Christmas chaos.) Sorry, y'all! You know I love you anyway! ;) 

Then home for our own little Christmas morning. It was Liam's very first Christmas, and I really treasured it. 

Daddy and Liam reading a Christmas story, "Who is Coming to Our House?" on Liam's first Christmas morning.
Then off to the Ed & Ricki's for Christmas dinner and gifts -- pics in a separate post below. So fun! ... and yummy! :P

Also of note this Christmas season ...

Liam had his first encounter with the Santa, and wasn't phased a bit. I was the photographer for the ward party Santa. Wouldn't you know that the one pic I didn't shoot, the curtain was open behind us! And Cam is sporting leftovers from a bloody nose. *sigh* That is what Photo Shop is for, right? Except in the past month and a half, I still haven't found the time to fix it. So here it is, in all its un-touched-up glory. My boys are pretty cute, eh? Liam's pose makes me giggle.

We weren't able to make it to the extended Feist Family Christmas Eve hurrah this year, but Aunt Joan brought us her delectable made-from-scratch Christmas cookie platter anyway, on the 23rd. Bless her! I decided to be a "fun mom" and let everyone eat Christmas cookies for breakfast (except Liam, who had Cheerios and just a little piece of cookie) ... which turned out to be a really dumb idea. We all got really sick. Ah, well... The cookies were super yummy anyway. And the platter lasted for many weeks afterward.

Camden: "Mommy, I need five cookies because I'm five!" This is just a sampling from the many amazing varieties on hand.
Liam: So cute and happy. Just like usual.
Merry Christmas to all!

Love,

The Feists


No comments: