I read this quotation on my sister-in-law's blog today. I love it and hate it. I admit, it made my heart ache a little. Because a lot of the time, I'm the getting-it-done kind of mom. I love you, Katie. Thanks for the reminder.
"... The biggest mistake I made is ... I did not live in the moment enough ... I wish I had not been in a hurry to get on to the next things: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
— Anna Quindlen
2 comments:
oh hon. i put it there mostly because i feel guilty about NOT getting more done during the day. so i frequently read this quote to make myself feel better. ;)
love you. so much.
There used to be a poem when I was raising little kids and some of the words were, "So quiet down cobwebs and dust, go to sleep, Because I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep." It resonated with me at the time, and still does, I guess, since I've remembered this part of it. It truly speaks to what I believe about parenting. There will be many times when you wish you could devote more time to your children, but jobs or other demands get in the way. The important thing is to do as much as you can whenever you can.
Post a Comment