We were honored and blessed to have Trent's aunt and uncle, Robert and Donna, stay with us during the week of proceedings. Donna and Camden really formed a special bond.Our little man has been such a ray of sunshine for so many people in the midst of this hard time.
AT THE VIEWING
I hadn't intended for him to see Great-Grandma Feist's body at the viewing, but after we had been at the mortuary for about 5 minutes, mingling with family in the entry-way, he announced, "I want to go see Great-Grandma now, and traipsed right past us and up to the coffin.
He paused in the middle of the room, eyeing the open casket.
C: "What's she doing?"
M: "She's resting. She passed away."
C: "Oh."
M: "Do you remember when Great-Grandpa Don passed away?"
C: "Yes, and Great-Grandma Feist passed away, too."
T: "Say, 'Bye-bye, Grandma Feist.'"
C: "She's with her Heavenly Father now."
AT THE FUNERAL
He was extremely good and very quiet, with the exception of clearing his little throat repeatedly (which, much to his delight, echoed through the cathedral ceilings). Many of us were crying during the procession afterward, while they were loading the casket into the coach. But Camden, undaunted, turned around to Katrina and announced, "I need a cookie. Where did all the cookies go?" We proceeded to the reception shortly thereafter.
AT THE BURIAL
"Open it! Open it! I need to see Grandma Feist now!"
1 comment:
He's a great kid! With a great family! Thanks for sharing with everyone. Love you guys.
Post a Comment