
We stayed in Colorado for Christmas this year. Here are some highlights from our holidays! (You might notice that our little guy got a Thomas the Train wardrobe compliments of Granmy. Love the engineer hat and Thomas sunglasses!)

Of course we had to go see the City and County Building. It's tradition! It's probably too small to see on the picture, but Denver is 150 years old this year.

Starting on the 30th, we had the pleasure of a visit from Granmy and Poppa. Camden is a big fan of those two, and so are we.

We also had the honor of welcoming a little Christchild to our celebration this year. He looks so much like the one I grew up with, and Granmy even taught me how to swaddle him. I'm sure he'll be included in many of our Christmas celebration pictures in years to come.

We all spent a lot of time around the train table this year. Check out that cool set-up!

Granmy and Camden put out 12 peanut-buttter pinecones for the birdies to help celebrate the 12 days of Christmas. That's Trent in the background playing with his RC helicopter, a familiar sight these past couple of weeks.

Camden had his own ideas about what to do with the bird seed!

Granmy and Camden in their Sunday clothes after church. They're so cute.

Granmy was such a great help during her trip. It was nice for me to put my feet up and relax while someone else changed the baby and played the potty-training games (among MANY other things!) for a while.
I grew up with the Wise Men and Trent grew up with Santa, so as a compromise, we do Santa on Christmas morning (he only fills stockings at our house, no other presents besides that) and the Wise Men bring each person one present 12 days later on Jan. 6, Three Kings Day. It's a holiday celebrated all over Europe, including Spain and Germany, where Trent's and my families are from. It's a fun tradition! We love it!

It was so fun to have Granmy and Poppa join us for our Three Kings Day celebration. Here we are enjoying some hot apple pie after our Jerusalem Supper. Needless to say, my husband was about done with my picture-taking.

There were lots of shoes under the tree this year, and plenty of straw for the camels to eat!

Camden was pretty excited about the gold packages under the tree the next morning.

And those silly camels left quite a mess on the way out the door. Maybe the Wise Men will clean up after them a little better next year!
4 comments:
Heaven on Earth & Fullness of Joy to my heart!
I like what you do instead of the whole Santa coming deal. I'm not a big fan of Santa. I like how the camels came and ate straw and the wise men left gifts. Good idea!
What a great tradition! I'm grateful all the camels left behind was hay - could be worse!
You guys are so good about compromising...we'll have to chat about the Santa/Wise Men thing sometime. Jared & I have had a few..ahem, conversations, I guess I should say...about that. :) Love you. Hope to see you sometime in March, maybe! :)
Post a Comment