Monday, October 15, 2007

Yipee for Freebies!


Many thanks to Camden's great-grandpa and great-grandma for our lovely living room furniture. They are moving into assisted living today and gave us their couch to add to the set they gave us a few years ago.

Camden is a big fan of the new arrangement. One of his favorite activities is cruising laps around the perimeter of our "coffee table" wicker chest in the middle of the floor.

Also involved in the gifting was a china cabinet! That's just Camden reminding me that the cabinet still needs to be baby-proofed. He's so helpful.

Who, me? I di-n't do it!

I was pretty psyched to put my china out. It's been packed away ever since our wedding. Thanks, Mommy, for handing down the pattern I remember from my childhood. (Hard to see in the pictures, but it's delicate pink and white roses, and each dish is silver-lined.)

And Trent was extremely excited to put out his Western Ware, which he also inherited from his grandparents.

If anyone ever wonders about whether marriage involves compromise, all they need do is check out our fine dishes.
































We're thinking about a family tradition that involves using Daddy's dishes for Thanksgiving and Mommy's for Christmas.

2 comments:

Kristalyn said...

I like the new furniture! I'll have to come see it in person one of these days! I totally love your idea about Thanksgiving and Christmas china...how fun!

candace said...

That is just too awesome about your china and his dishes! ;)
And I love the new furniture as well!